It has never been more vital to be able to have confidence in an audit. Audit quality is of fundamental importance for maintaining trust in the financial reporting process and the integrity of financial information. That is why HLB Barnett Chown work continually to ensure that audits are carried out to a high standard. We provide audit services to a wide range of clients across the country. The experience of audit teams, covering many industries and service sectors,enables us to focus on key areas of risk, adequacy of internal controls and potential areas of fraud.
ENHANCING YOUR CREDIBILITY
Financial statement services are a key part of HLB Barnett Chown. For over 50 years, HLB Barnett Chown has sought continued excellence in this area, adopting new technologies, implementing new methodologies and staying at the forefront of current developments,including regulatory changes and international standards. Additionally, with a partner-led approach, HLB Barnett Chown is conscious of the need for its member firms to provide a high level technical service, backed up by meeting deadlines, attention to detail and respecting clients’ time and schedules, whether the client is publicly listed, is a privately held company, a not-for-profit entity, a state owned enterprise or a trust.
INTERNATIONAL BEST PRACTICE
Adherence to international standards is a pre-requisite to providing global quality assurance. For HLB Barnett Chown, this includes:
- Being a full member of HLB International which is a member of the Forum of Firms, which sets “best practice” membership requirements, and being involved with the standard setting boards and committees.
- Maintaining an up-to-date Audit Manual. The manual incorporates all applicable International Standards on Auditing (ISAs) and International Standards on Quality Control.
- Maintaining a global quality assurance programme, whereby HLB International member firms undergo a rigorous selection process and HLB “quality assurance review” on a regular basis.
- Operating an HLBI Referred Work Code of Conduct, which provides the basis for international assignments and which covers areas such as quality, communication and timetable compliance.
- Keeping up to date, through a central intranet, with relevant standards, exposure drafts and pronouncements from the international and regional standard setters.
These processes, coupled with HLB’s “Global Care”approach to multi-national audit and assurance work, gives member firm clients the confidence they need in today’s fast changing and challenging business environment.
VALUE ADDED SERVICE
With a focus that is specific to each business and industry, audit procedures are tailored to the particular operations and reporting requirements of member firm clients. As such, we are not simply performed to comply with statutory or regulatory requirements, it will also serve to assist our clients seeking additional capital, better terms from the company’s bankers, looking for investors or wanting to improve their operations. Our Audit and Assurance team aims to provide our audit clients with “added value” when completing the statutory audit process, by identifying risk areas and recommending solutions, improvements and enhancements to all areas of the business operations.
HLB Barnett Chown can provide the following services:
- Audits and reviews of year end and interim financial statements.
- Preparation and advice on reporting under International Financial Reporting Standards, including the transition from GAAP to IFRS.
- Internal audit reviews of accounting systems and practices.
- Special audits for mutual funds, charities and other not-for profit entities.
- Reporting on accounting systems and controls.
- Special audits according to laws and regulations.
- Due diligence work.
- Audits connected with mergers and acquisitions.